The course provides a comprehensive treatment of preference and judgement aggregation, including proofs of general results that have Arrow's famous impossibility theorem and Gibbard's oligarchy theorem as corollaries. The second part of the course is devoted to voting theory. Among other things, we prove the Gibbard-Satterthwaite theorem.
- Hervé Moulin: Axioms of Cooperative Decision Making, Cambridge University Press, 1988
- Christian List and Clemens Puppe: Judgement Aggregation. A survey, in: Handbook of rational & social choice, P.Anand, P.Pattanaik, C.Puppe (Eds.), Oxford University Press 2009.
- Amartya Sen: Collective Choice and Social Welfare, Holden-Day, 1970
- Wulf Gaertner: A Primer in Social Choice Theory, revised edition, Oxford University Press, 2009
- Wulf Gaertner: Domain Conditions in Social Choice Theory, Oxford University Press, 2001